How to generate reports via the website
Once you have generated the expenses, you can easily create reports to ask that they be paid (that is, to have your money refunded). To do this, go to the Reports tab, click on "Create Report" and add a title (for example March 2022 expenses, or Feria Barcelona 2017).
Your report will then open, where you can perform the following actions:
- Add the corresponding expenses: click on "Add Receipts". A window will open where you will see all the expenses pending to add to a report (if you need to, you can filter by date to find them); select the appropriate ones, and click on Add.
- Before asking for approval of your report, let's see what else there is in it:
- Expenses, reimbursable or non-refundable (those paid for with the company card): Here you can see all the expenses that you have previously selected. Check that everything is correct and, if you have added an expense that does not apply, delete it
- Advances: if you have requested an advance payment for this report, select it. The calculation will be made of what you were advanced, and what you have paid, to determine whether you are owed or owe (and have to pay back what you have left over).
- Reconciliation: Reconciliation is an accounting process that matches every payment you make with your corporate card to the expenses you have generated. If you have this option available, click on "Reconciliation" and check that everything is in order.
- Finally, check that all the expenses (reimbursable and not) are correct.
- Now, go back to the beginning of your report and request approval by clicking on "Request Approval." You can "copy" whomever you choose by adding their email address(es) in the field for this.
How to edit reports via the website
Remember that to modify a report, or delete it, this must be in the "Draft" or "Rejected" stage. Modifying a report involves modifying either the report itself or its associated expenses.
To remove, edit or add expenses, do the following:
- Access the report in which the receipt you want to edit or remove is located.
- If you want to remove an expense, click on the Remove button next to the expense.
- If you want to edit it, select the expense to access its information, modify it, and then save the changes.
- If you want to add new expenses to the report, select the Add Receipt button
To delete a report, indicate the report and select the Delete button; keep in mind that only the report will be deleted, while the expenses it contained will not be lost. These will return to the list of pending tickets and you will be able to generate a new report with them.
How to review reports via the website
Depending on how your administrator has configured your environment, you may receive an email alert each time you receive a report to monitor in Captio. The reports yet to be reviewed appear in the Report tab in the Pending Review section. You can access through the link in the notification email or via Captio.
Enter the Captio Web portal with your login and password.
On the Reports screen you will find the Pending Review and Reviewed sections, those that you will use in the supervision process. In the Pending Review list you will find all the reports that you need to check over.
The list of reports indicates the name, user, date, number of expenses and alerts, and the total amount. Select the report you want to review.
Once in the report you will see a box with the list of alerts (automatic rules configured by the administration of the environment to meet the requirements of your expenses policy; such as, for example, not accepting weekend expenses, or those exceeding a certain amount) and the expenses affected. Keep in mind that these alerts are informative, and do not block the approval of a report, which is still up to you.
Once you reach this point, you can modify the expenses, as needed, in accord with each company's policy. To modify them:
- Click on the image of the expense
- Edit it (the system will give you the option to add a comment to explain the cause to the user)
- Click on Save; you will see the comment in the Comments area of the report.
In this review phase you can also remove from the report those expenses that you deem invalid (whether the receipts have alerts or not). To remove an expense, click on the Remove button of the expense line that you want to eliminate. A window will appear in case you want to add a comment for the user. When saving it, you will see that comment in the Comments area of the report.
Only this expense is removed from the report. The expense is not lost or eliminated permanently. Rather, it returns to the user's pending expenses tray, at which point he may eliminate it definitively, or not, as he deems appropriate.